Sunday 17 July 2011

Chocolate Oat Milk Chewy Crisps

So, today I am attempting Milk Chocolate Florentine Cookies. I have the time of the day and I have almost all of the ingredient, so why not? So yeah. I attempted it, following the recipe, leaving out the vanilla extract and corn syrup.

Here's my recipe:
2/3 cup of butter (I don't have the stick butter, so I used spreadable butter that I have in the fridge for it)
2 cups old fashioned oat (I didn't have quick oats as suggested in the recipe)
1 cup granulated sugar (you can use less if you don't like it to be too sweet. I think it's okay if you leave it out too)
A little bit of water (this is for when you heat up the chocolate and everything to make the dough mixture so that it doesn't get too dry)
2/3 cup all purpose flour (more if you think that the mixture is too watery, you don't want it to be too dough-y either)
1/4 cup milk (I used silk/soymilk)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Cup Nestle Chocolate milk Morsel

Cooking direction:
Well, so here is where something goes wrong with everything when I didn't read the recipe carefully. I happily mixed everything in when I was not supposed to mix in the chocolate to the mixture. Well, it turned out to be this one... strange creation which I would love to generically name.. Chocolate Oat Milk Chewy Crisps

Here is the directions
1. Turn your oven to 325 F
2. Heat up a medium sauce pan. (bigger one is also okay for easier mixing)
3. Melt your butter into the pan
4. When it's all melted, mix in the sugar (or if you choose to go without sugar, you can start mixing in the flour). Mix in the flour, milk. Stir and mix. Mix in the chocolate, oats, salt, and water if the mixture gets too dry. If the mixture is too watery, you might want to add more flour.
5. Ta dah! You get your dough mixture. Keep mixing them with spatula until they're all mixed together.
6. Put an aluminum foil to your baking pan.
7. Spread the mixture on the aluminum foil thinly. You can spread mixture thinly on the aluminum foil using rubber spatula.
8. Put it in the oven for around 6-7 minutes.
9. When you pull it out, let it chill for about 10 minutes or so. The crisps should be crunchy at the edge and chewy in the middle.
10. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment